Consulting to government and the not-for-profit sector on governance, board and organisational review, strategic planning and leadership
Susan Pascoe is Adjunct Professor at the University of Western Australia. She is President and Chair of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID), and Chair of the Community Director’s Council. She is a Trustee of St John of God Health, a Board member Mercy Health. Susan is a member of the Vatican Commission on Methodology, planning for the 2023 Synod on Synodality. She chairs Catholic Emergency Relief Australia and was member of the Catholic Church’s Governance Review Project Team which produced The Light from the Southern Cross Report in 2020.
- Inaugural Commissioner for the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) 2012-2017
- Commissioner, Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission 2009
- Commissioner, State Services Authority 2006-2008
Kadisha can assist with the planning and conduct of all aspects of a strategic planning exercise, or with elements such as environmental scanning, conducting focus groups, or facilitating board processes.
- Strategic planning, setting medium- and long-term directions and targets
Independent board reviews are conducted for boards that want a regular impartial assessment of performance, and for those that are having difficulties and are wanting assistance identifying and remediating the problem.
- Review of board governance practice and effectiveness
- Targeted review in instances of board difficulty (e.g. relationships, compliance, succession)
From good practice to regulatory compliance, Kadisha offers advice on optimal board performance.
- Design and implementation of governance systems and processes suitable for business, government or NFP enterprises
- Review of governance practice within boards and other entities, and between entities
- Board coaching and chairperson mentoring
- Development of implementation plans for medium- to long-term change to work practice and work culture
- Advice on implementing change, including in situations of resistance or conflict
- Enhancement of strategic or business plans to include implementation of new or revised systems, policies or processes
Organisational and Program Review
Enterprises as small as a community organisation, or as large as a diocese are reviewed, both for an independent assessment of good governance practice, and to assist with difficulties within and between sub-sections of larger bodies.
- Review of organisational design, systems, processes and effectiveness
- Review of organisational units and divisions, and specific programs
- Appraisal of key personnel
- Inquiry into practice, policy and process (including the chairing of review as appropriate)
- Assessment of the effectiveness of initiatives and major projects from the perspective of intended and unintended impact, attainment of goals and targets, and value for money
- Evaluation of programs and projects within organisations assessing effectiveness and efficiency