Projects & Publications
Leadership and Management
2012-2017: Inaugural Commissioner, Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
2009-2010: Commissioner, 2009 Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission
2006-08 and 2010-2011: Commissioner, State Services Authority
2019-present: Independent Member, Kindergarten Reform Implementation Board, Victoria
2003-2006: Chair and Chief Executive, Catholic Education Commission of Victoria
2003-2006: Director of Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Melbourne
2001-2003: CEO Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
2000: Leader of Australian Delegation to UN World Education Forum in Senegal
1993-2001: Co-ordinating Chairperson, Policy (and School Services) Catholic Education Office, Melbourne
1998-2000: National President, Australian College of Educators
1998-1999: Chair, Curriculum and Standards Framework Review
1994: Harvard University, Visiting Scholar
2006 – 2008 Chair, Australian National Commission for UNESCO. Member from 1999–2006, and delegate to General Conference in Paris in 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2007
1995-2001: Deputy Chairperson, and Member, National Advisory Council on Australian Archives
1993: Member, Australian Delegation to the OECD, Paris
2010-2016: Chair of National Education Board for Loreto and FCJ schools
2004-2006: Board Member, Curriculum Corporation
2003-2006: Member, National Catholic Education Commission (NCEC) and NCEC Executive
2001-2009: Director, Senate of Australian Catholic University
1998-2000: National President, Australian College of Educators
1994-2004: Member, Civics Expert Group reporting to Prime Minister and later Civics Education Group
1994-1995: Member, Vocational Education and Training Accreditation Board
1992-2001 Executive Member, Victorian Board of Studies
1991-1992: Member, AEC's Mayer Committee, reviewing the education and training of 15 to 19 year olds in Australia
1991-1992: Member, AEC's Review Committee on the Education of Girls in Australian Schools
199-1992: Member of Council, Institute of Educational Administration, Geelong
2018-present: Trustee of St John of God Health
2018-present: Board Member, Mercy Health
2007-2011: Board Member, Cabrini Health and Chair of Patient Experience and Clinical Governance Committee
Educational Policy Analysis, Development and Review
2003-2006: Chair of block Grant Authority of Catholic Education Commission of Victoria (CECV) determining planning directions and allocating capital grants
Curriculum and Standards Review
1998-1999: Chair, Victorian Curriculum and Standards Framework Review, preparatory to leading to revised Year 10 (P-10) curriculum
Development of policy related to assessment for P-12 in Victorian schools
1997-2001: Chair of Assessment Committee of Victorian Board of Studies (VBOS)
Senior Secondary curriculum review
1997: Member of committee reviewing VCE
Development of standards and curriculum for P-12 for Victorian schools
1992-2001: Executive member VBOS
Community and Stakeholder Engagement
2009: Consultation with communities directly affected by the Black Saturday bushfires
2008: Consultation with Indigenous Victorians and professional bodies nationally associated with employment of Indigenous people
2008: In-house consultation with Secretaries of Victorian Government Departments on the design and effectiveness of Victorian regulatory bodies
2006: Consultation with NFP organisations and professionals regarding regulation of the sector
2003: Consultation with Bishops, principals and parents on the effectiveness of service delivery from the Catholic EOM
1993: Consultation with teachers and parents on the introduction of statewide assessment for Victorian students (the LAP)
1989-2001: Numerous consultations with all stakeholders in local communities on the viability and effectiveness of local Catholic schools
Reflective Practice: Publications
• Pascoe, Susan (2019) ‘Best Practice in Governance of Church Agencies: Keynote Address delivered to the Principles and Practice for Church Governance Conference.’ Yarra Theological Union and University of Divinity, Melbourne. 3 March.
• Pascoe, Susan (2018) A Regulator’s View in Research Handbook on Not-for-Profit Law (Ed) Matthew Harding, Edward Elgar Publishing, London.
• Pascoe, Susan (2017a) The Digital Regulator in Regulating Charities: The Inside Story (Eds) Myles McGregor-Lowndes and Bob Wyatt, Routledge Studies in the Management of Voluntary and Non-Profit Organizations, New York.
• Pascoe, Susan, (2015) Administering Australia's First National Charity Law Regime - Some Personal Perspectives in ebook, Not-for-profit Insights: 16 Australian NFP Insiders Share Their Wisdom and Experience, Australian Institute of Company Directors.
• Pascoe, Susan, (2010b) 'The 2009 Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission: Lessons for the Conduct of Inquiries', in Australian Journal of Public Administration,Vol. 69 Issue 4, National Council of Institute of Public Administration. Canberra.
• Teague, B., McLeod, R. and Pascoe, S. (2010a) Final Report of the 2009 Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission. Parliament of Victoria, Melbourne
• Teague, B., McLeod, R. and Pascoe, S. (2009) Interim Report of the 2009 Victorian Bushfires Royal Commission. Parliament of Victoria, Melbourne.
• Pascoe, Susan (2008a) 'Regulatory Creep: How to Ease the Administrative and Compliance Burden', Grants Management Quarterly Edition 23, March 2007. Australian Institute of Grants Management. Melbourne.
• Pascoe, Susan (2008b) Regulating the Not-for-Profit Sector,State Services Authority, Melbourne www.ssa.vic.gov.au.
• Pascoe, Susan and Brennan, Deborah (2017b) Lifting our Game: Report of the Review to Achieve Educational Excellence in Australian Schools through Early Childhood Education. Victorian Government. Melbourne
• Pascoe, Susan, (2011) Leadership in Times of Crisis Centre for Strategic Education Occasional Paper. CSE, Melbourne.
• Pascoe, Susan (2007b) 'Values Education in Australia's Government and Non-Government Schools', in Values Education and Lifelong Learning eds Judith Chapman and David Aspin.Springer Press.
• Pascoe, Susan (2007a) 'Catholic Education in Australia: Challenges and Responses', in G. Grace and J. O'Keefe (Eds) International Handbook of Catholic Education. Springer Press.
• Pascoe, Susan (ed.) (2002) 'Values in Education', Australian College of Education Yearbook 2002, Deakin West ACT.
• Pascoe, Susan, (2001a) 'Education Reform at School Level: From Policy to Practice', IARTV Occasional Paper No. 72, October 2001. Jolimont, Vic.
• Pascoe, Susan (2000a) 'Non-Government Schools in Australia: The 25 Years Since the Karmel Report', in Peter Karmel, ed., School Resourcing: Models and Practices in Changing Times. College Year Book 2000, Australian College of Education, Deakin West ACT, pp. 84-99.
• Pascoe, Susan (2000b) 'Priorities for the New Millennium', Unicorn, vol.26, no.3.
• Pascoe, Susan and Sue Ferguson (2000c) 'Education for Active Citizenship', in Kim Rubinstein, ed., Individual, Community, Nation: Fifty Years of Australian Citizenship, Australian Scholarly Publishing, Melbourne, pp. 99-107.
• Pascoe, Susan and Robert Pascoe (1998) 'Education Reform in Victoria, Australia: 1992-1997, A Case Study', The Education Reform and Management Series, vol. 1, no. 2, The World Bank, Washington DC, February.